The safety, health and well-being of our employees, customers, business partners and the communities where we do business is of the utmost importance during the current coronavirus (COVID-19) global pandemic. Hyundai has established a COVID-19 response team at all affiliated companies to monitor the situation, minimize the risks and prepare for all potential scenarios.
We want to ensure Hyundai customers have the best experience possible. Below are some key updates for our customers regarding the impact of COVID-19.
Hyundai Assurance Job Loss Protection
We have reinstated the Hyundai Assurance Job Loss Protection program to help customers worry less in these uncertain times.
• They say nothing is more important than family, especially in uncertain times. In response to the recent world events, we’ve taken steps to protect our family with Hyundai Assurance. So, we’re covering up to six months of payments for Hyundai owners who purchased or leased a Hyundai vehicle between March 14 and April 30, 2020 if they lose their job due to COVID-19 this year.
• Because we believe in making things better for our customers in these challenging times, we’re offering 0% APR financing and no payments for 120 days on select new Hyundai vehicles to well-qualified buyers who finance through Hyundai Motor Finance through May 4, 2020.1
• Hyundai Motor Finance customers who are caring for themselves or a member of their household and are temporarily unable to work or suffer a job loss through April 30, 2020 as a result of the current global health crisis, may be eligible for up to 3 months deferred payments (in 1 month increments) for loss of job or medically-related hardships caused by COVID-19 between March 14 and April 30, 2020. Learn more at https://www.hmfusa.com/ for assistance and eligibility. Please note that, due to the current situation, Hyundai Motor Finance is experiencing unusually high call volume and longer than normal wait times. We appreciate your patience as Hyundai Motor Finance works to quickly address customer concerns.2
Hyundai Dealer Hours and Closures
Vehicle maintenance has been deemed an essential business in many states across the country, so we want you to know that the majority of our dealers are currently available for the service you may need. Hyundai dealers impacted by this situation may be operating with reduced business hours, partially open for service or completely shut down. Please contact your local dealer to get the latest information on their operations and business hours.
Select dealers are also now offering pickup and drop-off service for customers who need maintenance/service on their vehicle but do not feel comfortable or are unable to come into the dealership. This includes coming to your location to pick up your vehicle and dropping it off to you when it is all done.
We want to assure you that Hyundai dealers are looking out for your safety and convenience during these uncertain times. It is very important to us that our customers feel secure and protected if they come into the dealership. Our dealers have been asked to take extra precautions at their facilities, including disinfecting vehicles after they have been serviced, disinfecting customer lounges and making additional adjustments based on local, regional, and national developments.
Hyundai Warranty Extension
Hyundai owners in the U.S. with a 5-year/60,000-mile new vehicle limited warranty or a 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty that is expiring between March and June 2020 will have their vehicle warranty coverage extended to June 30, 2020. All eligible customers will be contacted with more details about the warranty extension program.
Hyundai Bluelink® Connected Care
For customers with an active Hyundai Bluelink® subscription expiring March 20th through the end of May, we are offering a complimentary three-month extension of Bluelink® Connected Care that includes SOS Emergency Assistance, Enhanced Roadside Assistance and Automatic Collision Notification.
Hyundai Hope On Wheels
Hyundai Hope On Wheels®, a non-profit organization supported by Hyundai Motor America and its U.S. dealers, announced a donation of $2.2 million for COVID-19 Drive-Thru Testing Centers in partnership with children’s hospitals throughout the U.S. The COVID-19 pandemic has created a particular threat to children with cancer, many of whom have compromised immune systems. COVID-19 drive-thru testing provides a safe and trusted way for children who present risk factors to receive the care they need.3 As a leading funder of pediatric cancer research, Hyundai Hope On Wheels has supported the health and well-being of children with cancer since 1998. For more information about Hyundai Hope On Wheels COVID-19 Drive-Thru Testing Centers, and to get the most updated list of partnering hospitals, visit hyundaihopeonwheels.org.
Questions and General Help
Our Customer Assistance Center is currently operating but some inquiries may require a longer than normal response time. If you need help or want to contact us, please visit our Hyundai Customer Assistance Center.
Media Inquiries and Latest News
For media inquiries and the latest information on our response to COVID-19, please visit the Hyundai Media Center.
1) 120 day deferred first payment available only on new purchases of select Hyundai vehicles financed at 0% Annual Percentage Rate through Hyundai Motor Finance to well-qualified buyers. Palisade, MY20 Ioniq, Veloster and Nexo are not eligible for 0% APR offer. Down payment may be required. Subject to Hyundai Motor Finance credit approval. Not all customers will qualify. See dealer for details. Offer valid March 26 to May 4, 2020.
2) Up to 3 months of deferred payments (in 1 month increments) are available to existing customers of Hyundai Motor Finance. Deferments are available for loss of job or medically-related hardships caused by COVID-19 between March 14 and April 30, 2020. Interest accrues during deferral period and is payable over remaining term. Restrictions apply and proof of job loss may be required. Learn more at https://www.hmfusa.com/ for assistance and eligibility.
3) Each hospital is following CDC guidelines for testing eligibility: patients with a doctor's order, must have clinical factors of at-risk populations (like children with cancer), or work as health/childcare professionals. Testing is not open to the general public or family members at this time.